sabato 26 maggio 2007

Hello there :)

What a lovely spot. I'm Ruth and I can't seem to get enough of varigated threads and fabrics. I'm honored to be invited to join you all. And such timing!

I just got a variation back from the framer --
img_3383
This is "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" from A. Fox Originals. I did it on Wichelt's "watercress" hand-dyed jobelan with the shamrocks done in Needle Necessities Christmasy green. It was supposed to be in DMCs but I just cannot control my urges to change things :)

And just today I finished Blackbird Designs "My Quaker House" on Wichelt's "summer sky" hand-dyed jobelan in a melange of Olde Willow and Sampler Threads
Blackbird Designs -- My Quaker House -- completed 5/25/2007

Possibly my favorite ever variation was one I finished a 3-4 months ago -- It is a class piece from M Designs -- a personalized sampler done on some simply scrumptious linen which I'll have to check the name of again and stitched mostly in Vicky Clayton Silks (the large "R" and one motif are stitched in a Silk n Colors from Thread Gatherer). IMG_2402

1 comments:

Dolci Fusa ha detto...

You have a great sensibility on choosing colors.
Beautiful pieces!
Vero